So you might have spotted that I got engaged recently, on the 18th December 2015 to be precise. To Sean, obviously - not just to some total random, that would be strange. If you're like me and you like knowing every teeny detail of someone else's life you can check out the proposal story here, obviously I'm biased but I think it is basically the cutest thing that's ever happened.
We haven't really done THAT much wedding planning - and when I say not that much, I mean that basically the only real conversations we've had have revolved around where we should go on honeymoon (we're thinking 3 weeks in Japan) and whether or not we could have mini golf at our reception. We're aiming for autumn 2017, but we need to get onto buying our first flat at the moment so that's the priority. Still, I've definitely starting flicking through bridal magazines and googling blogs and pinning things, so here are some of my initial thoughts on the whole process.
1) Making a guest list can't be that hard right? I mean we'll probably want like 50, 60 people there...*tots up a rough number of people we know* 130 people?! Shit, we've got to start culling friends. SEAN! DO NOT MAKE ANY NEW FRIENDS UNTIL AFTER THE WEDDING.
2) So, I wonder how much control I can secretly have over the Best Man speech. Do I have veto power of any kind?
3) Why do brides never give a speech? It's my bloody wedding and I want all eyes on me. AND I'm hilarious, I'm totally doing a speech.
4) How soon is too soon to try on wedding dresses? Will I look too keen if I do it now? I want to do it now.
5) Sean, I really want this to be a joint planning effort and I want you to be super involved in everything and we'll really be a team on this. Like, take these bridesmaid dresses - do you like them? What do you mean no? Well I don't care, I like them, we're having them.
6) Wow, flowers are expensive. I mean, how important are they really? Are we sure we couldn't just pop to Waitrose the day of and buy up a couple of nice bouquets? They look pretty good, and that'd be WAY cheaper. And that's WAITROSE.
7) Do people actually wear all this sexy wedding underwear? If I go for a flesh coloured strapless bra and industrial strength granny pants am I a failure as a bride?
8) Can the bride wear flat shoes? I'd get sparkly ones and everything, but I'd really like to wear flat shoes.
9) Oh my gosh I've found the perfect venue. It's gorgeous, it's stunning, it's my dream venue. Look at the gardens and the staircases and ohhh I just love it. Let's book it! How much? FIFTEEN GRAND? FOR A DAY? FOOD ISN'T EVEN INCLUDED IN THAT!
10) I'm exhausted already and we haven't even STARTED yet.