This is my current favourite salad - though I tend to have to save it for nights on my own or for a lovely light lunch, as Sean gets frustrated by the lack of carbs! It's beautifully summery and looks gorgeous and colourful so it's perfect to impress friends without having to slave over the oven beforehand.
Serves 2 for lunch or a light dinner
- Approximately two large handfuls of spinach
- Approximately two large handfuls of rocket
- 1/3 cucumber cut into small pieces
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments (keep an eye out for those pesky pips!)
- 4 slices of parma ham, roughly cut/pulled into pieces
- 3/4 sliced spring onions (depending on size)
- Approximately matchbox sized piece of feta, crumbled
- Small handful of sunflower seeds
- Top with a scattering of good quality black pepper
The sweet orange, salty parma ham and feta cheese and peppery rocket combine perfectly and the sunflower seeds add a much needed crunch - who needs croutons when you have these babies? This is so easy and quick to throw together that I really recommend it if you're feeling a bit uninspired with your midday sandwich at work - I promise, your colleagues will all be super jealous!