I really liked doing my first post on this subject and I found that it did make me just stop and be a bit appreciative of the things that make me happy in my life, so I figured I'd make it a semi regular thing! Here's some of the things making me stop and smile just now:
1) Summery Sunshine: today has been gorgeously sunny and warm and I'm a big believer that the weather plays a huge part in what your mood is like on a particular day, so it should be no surprise that today I'm happy as a clam! (I've never really understood that phrase, are clams particularly happy? What do they have to be that cheerful about eh?) A couple of hours ago I was sat outside on the grass reading a new book and eating an ice-cream and it was just gorgeous.
2) New Job: I'm so happy to have a shiny new job at Olivia Burton that I'll be starting next Monday! I had a few little problems that meant I had to leave my old one and I was feeling a bit down about my direction in life but now I feel optimistic and excited to get going! I'll officially be a London working girl (not that kind, get your mind out of the gutter.)
3) Bank Holidays: Easter weekend is coming up and not long after that, the May Day weekend which for me this year means I get to see Sean! He's coming down next weekend and I'll go up to Edinburgh in May and it'll be so nice to have a little bit of time to go out for dinner and wander around National Trust properties like the little old couple we are.
4) The Sims 3: I can't help it, I've loved the Sims ever since the very first game and I love it still. I've rediscovered my expansion packs recently and have been busy creating gorgeous houses and making my Sim people break up happy families because I've decided that I want to introduce the dad's genetics into my household.
5) Spring Cleaning: Yesterday and today I had a big ol' session tidying, cleaning and organising my room and it was very therapeutic, I love being able to lie on my newly made bed and not see any mess at all - tidy house tidy mind indeed. Plus I discovered this method for storing jumpers and t-shirts in drawers and now my wardrobe is practically at magazine photo-shoot levels of organisation.