One of the major resolutions that most people have for New Years after a month of partying and excess is to take better care of their skin. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have guiltily finished another pack of face wipes because they're just so easy to use, or even to have woken up after a night out with a pounding head and eyes practically glued shut with smudged eyeliner and mascara that didn't get removed before hiding under the duvet. No more though, I've been inspired recently by some of my favourite bloggers and YouTubers waxing lyrical about their favourite skincare products and I've decided that I'm going on a mission to find my perfect regime.
1) Various brands of micellar water cleansers have been doing the blogging rounds for a while now (Bioderma springs to mind) and I love the look of the NUXE Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals, not least because I love the smell of roses. I think this would be perfect for taking off the majority of my makeup before cleansing properly.
2) I've been going on and on lately about how oily my skin has been recently and I'd love to give this Origins Zero Oil Moisturiser a try to see if it can solve my problem, I've heard amazing things about Origins skincare.
3) Another thing you've heard me ramble on about in the past is my issue with having very sparse and short eyelashes. This Talika Lash Conditioning Cleanser promises to remove stubborn eye makeup like waterproof mascara as well as conditioning and lengthening your lashes. If it works this could be a miracle product for me, and at £15 it won't be too disappointing if it doesn't live up to my expectations.
4) I tried a sample of the amazing Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm in a beauty box almost a year ago and I loved it, but I was put off buying the full size product by the price. I haven't found a cleanser I've liked as much since though, so maybe its time to bite the bullet!
5) If I can't quite bring myself to shell out almost £40 on one pot of product I might go for the REN Mayblossom T-Zone Control Cleanser instead as its much cheaper at £17 but still has really good reviews. I guess it'll depend on how flash with my cash I feel after payday...
6) My skin always feels much more dehydrated, dull and just plain blah straight after I've woken up, and I've been thinking of buying a night time treatment for a while. I've heard fabulous things about this Sarah Chapman Skinesis Overnight Facial so it might be one to treat myself to with my overtime pay cheque, or possibly to beg Sean for as a Valentine?
7) Last but not least on my list is a good face mask to brighten up my complexion and pamper myself with once a week. This Bliss Triple Oxygen Infusing Mask promises a boost to dull and lifeless skin, goodbye tired winter complexion!